The Early Years 1965 - 1972 is a comprehensive 27-disc box set that sees Pink Floyd delve into their vast music archive to produce a deluxe package that includes 7 individual book-style volumes, featuring much previously unreleased material. The Early Years box set contains unreleased tracks, BBC Radio Sessions, remixes, outtakes and alternative versions over an incredible 11 hours, 45 mins of audio (made up of 130+ tracks) and live and TV performance in over 14 hours of audio-visual material. The content includes over 20 unreleased songs, more than 7 hours of previously unreleased live audio and over 5 hours of rare concert footage, along with 5 meticulously produced 7" singles in replica sleeves, collectable memorabilia, feature films and new sound mixes. Previously unreleased tracks include 1967's Vegetable Man and In The Beechwoods, which have been mixed for the first time, specially for this release. The Early Years 1965-1972 will give collectors the opportunity to hear the evolution of the band and witness their part in cultural revolutions from their earliest recordings and studio sessions to the years prior to the release of The Dark Side Of The Moon, one of the biggest selling albums of all time. From the single Arnold Layne to the 20-minute epic Echoes, fans will see the invention of psychedelic progressive rock via an insightful collection that explores the Pink Floyd story from the time Roger Waters, Richard Wright, Nick Mason and Syd Barrett met at London's Regent Street Polytechnic, through to Syd's departure and David Gilmour joining to form the iconic lineup. 40+ items of archival memorabilia including: posters, flyers, tour programs, tickets, press advertisements, & much more. This set includes: 10 CDs, 8 Blu-ray Discs, 9 DVDs, 5 seven-inch vinyl singles, collectable memorabilia, & more.
* 7 book-style packages, each with multiple discs. 6 are dedicated to a specific period and include related memorabilia and many unseen photos.
- Many hours of rare and unreleased music & video
- 14 Hours of video includes restored footage
- Original 4.0 Quad mixes / BBC sessions/live recordings
- Rare tracks including more than 20 previously unreleased
- Historic TV performances, live concerts and 3 feature films
- Remixed 5.1 audio for 'Live At Pompeii' footage
- Collectable memorabilia
- 100+ photos, most previously unseen
- Early singles + B sides on CD & vinyl
* Box bonus package includes collector's audio and video. Box includes bonus larger replica memorabilia (posters, flyers, etc.) plus 5 x reissued replica 7" singles, mastered from the original analogue tapes.
Pink Floyd fans ordering 'The Early Years 1965-1972' will get an extra piece of the band's history. The box-set will now also include a supplementary disc featuring the band's seminal Live At Pompeii concert as a 2016 audio mix. The 6 tracks totaling over 67 minutes include live versions of 'Careful With That Axe, Eugene', 'Set the Controls For The Heart Of The Sun', 'One of These Days', 'A Saucerful Of Secrets', 'Echoes' and an alternative take of 'Careful With That Axe, Eugene'.
Live at Pompeii has never been available as an audio only CD so this is a real first for fans